Any company handling personal data relating to individuals within the European Union will be required to fully comply with the GDPR (EU General Data Protection Regulation) by reviewing or revising all information management procedures. It is the biggest change in data protection legislation in almost the last 20 years.
These may reveal the person’s identity, gender, age, place of residence, marital status, working relationship but also more personal information such as habits and preferences.
The company should consider changing or adapting its IT systems to comply with terms such as:
- Careful gathering and safe storage of personal data.
- No processing of personal data without consent
- Coding personal data to avoid ID recognition (profiling)
- Avoiding database associations (linked data)
- Ability to delete or export and deliver data on demand.
- Applying the principle “as much data as is necessary”
- Ensuring Compliance with the Rules from the affiliate companies that manage personal data on its behalf.
All these and many more that are subject to the new European Legislation are a “child’s play” with Artifex Net!
Read more about GDPR here